Complications from meningitis made Jonnie reliant on a wheelchair, that did not stop him from wanting to be outside. Jonnie’s parents Marc and Linda advocated for accessible play features in new and future playgrounds. A fundraiser was organized to remove the worn-out We-Go-Round at the Universal Universe Playground in Sacramento’s Southside Park and replace it with all-inclusive play structures, programs, and activities.
Our SAGE Approach
To create awareness and solicit contributions, Sagent responded with a fully loaded and integrated communications plan that included:
- Message Development (TV, radio, and media interviews)
- Digital Platforms (website and social media)
- Advertising (direct mail, digital billboard, and online banners)
- Public Relations Support (media relations, community outreach, and partnership development)
- Digital and Social Media Management
- Community Event Support (Certificate of Excellence for “Paint the Stars and Planets)
We then advocated within our Sagent network as well as through our media and business partners to facilitate donations. We secured added-value bonus media to extend the campaign.
- Executed integrated communications campaign with a clear call to action led to increased awareness of fundraising efforts.
- Contributed donated TV and paid media spots valued at $38,875, including billboards, radio interviews and announcements, social media, digital and outreach through Sagent’s longstanding working relationships with our media and business partners.
- Achieved the fundraising $29,000 goal to replace a worn-out Merry-Go-Round with a new We-Go-Around within five months.