Drought fatigue, combined with increases in available water supply created a public outreach dilemma as the Roseville Environmental Utilities (Roseville EU) team began to see a rise in water use and applications for available rebates started to wane. Concerned about complacency and a reversal in water-saving behaviors by its residents, Roseville EU needed to motivate the public to adopt and sustain positive water efficiency behaviors and to educate residents about services and rebates provided by the City.
Our SAGE Approach
The findings from two focus groups guided the campaign’s creative and strategic vision. Sagent developed an integrated, multi-channel campaign utilizing print, transit ads, digital advertising, and social media to maximize reach and cost efficiency.
- Across all mediums, the campaign delivered 3,902,622 impressions
- Digital display had a high click-through-rate of 0.28%
- E-blasts received an open rate of 15.3%, above the industry average of 10%
- Boosted Facebook posts reached over 17,000 people in Roseville
- Significant increase of traffic and new users to the water efficiency website